Apple Pectin Powder
Pectin is a fibre found just under the skin of apples. The health benefits of apple pectin are high due to the beneficial nutrients it contains. Apple pectin as fibre is good for the digestive system. Pectin is found in the walls of plant cells. Apple pectin is high in beneficial nutrients. It is a great fibre that helps various bodily processes, from digestion to cardiovascular health. Apple pectin has many health benefits:
- Assists with digestive system function
- Helps maintain healthy blood sugar levels
- Assists in clearing the digestive system of mucus
- Helps balance LDL cholesterol levels
- May assist in cancer preventive
- Brain cognitive functions
- Aids weight loss during a weight control program
- Help to lower stress hormones
- Natural laxative for constipation
- Binds to cholesterol in the intestines
- Helps Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
- Used for diabetes
Pectin is around 50% of a single apple’s total fibre content. Pectin in apples also has excellent prebiotic benefits by increasing butyrate, a short-chain fatty acid that feeds beneficial gut bacteria while at the same time lowering harmful bacteria.
Apple pectin powder benefits gastrointestinal issues.
Apple pectin is well known for helping with digestive disorders. This is because apple pectin has high fibre content, so it can regulate bowel movements, firm stools and help people with constipation. It also aids alongside other ongoing treatments for colitis, irritable bowel disease (IBD), irritable bowel syndrome, leaky gut and other related digestive disorders.
Apple pectin acts as a colon detox by stimulating the movement of the colon muscle, pushing waste forward. Waste can backlog and sit in the colon, causing toxins to recycle back into the body. This can happen from having a lazy bowel or constipation.
Please note: leave an hour between consuming pectin and taking any prescriptions or vitamins. Fibre can limit the absorption of certain medications and reduce certain antibiotics’ effectiveness. Always drink plenty of water when taking Apple Pectin Powder is a fibre supplement.
There are no reviews yet.